Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C. is hiring Sales Trainees for the Power Systems Division (PSD) across their territory. The PSD Sales Trainee performs assigned duties in pre-assigned locations and departments under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to PSD Sales Representative positions within the Company. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in related field or three years related work experience preferred. Sales or customer service experience preferred.
Requirements for the PSD Sales Trainee position include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to relocate within the territory of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be able to function well in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to work out of town up to 75% of the time during training period and travel throughout Carter’s territory.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the PSD Sales Trainee job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.