We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced Heavy Equipment Field Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Field Service Technician in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The Rental Field Service Technician applies mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance and repairs to Caterpillar and allied rental equipment in the shop and at customer job sites; applies troubleshooting techniques and determines proper repair procedures; prepares parts requisitions.
Requirements for the Rental Field Service Technician position include:
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Must have intermediate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to perform repairs safely.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to interact professionally with customers and all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be self-directed ad well organized with the ability to prioritize workload while providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Proficient in use of technical software, databases and manuals.
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Rental Field Service Technician job, including ability to to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or more up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities