Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Project Manager in Elkridge, Maryland. The Project Manager is responsible for providing the technical knowledge and comprehensive management needed to execute Power Systems sales orders. The Project Manager's involvement will span the time from receipt of purchase through customer acceptance, including timely, cost-effective management of multiple projects to meet customer requirements. He/she will organize, schedule, coordinate, communicate and lead others to execute projects. Technical knowledge of diesel engine, electrical power generation, power distribution including engine generator sets, system integration design, assembly, installation, commissioning, operation, repair, paralleling switchgear and transfer switches, fuel systems, exhaust systems, enclosures and ancillary equipment desired. Seeking candidates with 3+ years of industrial/electrical power generation systems equipment project management experience preferred. Other similar industries will be considered. 4-year college degree preferred.
Requirements for the Project Manager position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Able to procure all required equipment, accessories and services to execute project.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining organized and detailed documentation of all conversations.
- A strong sense of urgency and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Experience in conflict resolution with contractors, consultants, engineers, vendors, utility companies, end-users, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to teamwork.
- Able to travel and work hours required for job and customer demand.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
Physical requirements must be met for the Project Manager job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities