Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative in Richmond, Virginia. The Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the sale of hydraulic and machining products and services, full machine shop services, and specialized welding services by calling on industrial customers in an assigned territory. The individual in this role will demonstrate initiative, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. This position routinely calls on prospective and existing customers to discuss needs and make recommendations for Hydraulic Reconditioning services, including cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, filtration, contamination remediation, remanufacturing/salvage of replacement parts, and specialized welding. We’re seeking candidates with previous sales experience, preferably in heavy/industrial equipment and thorough knowledge of Hydraulic Systems and Machining products and services. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field is a plus.
Requirements for the Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Excellent sales and customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be a good listener and have excellent written and verbal communication/negotiation skills.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgement when making decisions.
- Strong PC skills, with the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Able to develop and execute effective action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to travel and work hours required to meet job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma or Equivalent or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities