We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C., is hiring Heavy Equipment Shop Technicians for our Heavy Equipment operations in Sterling, Virginia. We service the full Caterpillar product line, including earthmoving equipment, mining, forestry and more. Our skilled shop technicians work in a shop environment to diagnose problems and perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and powertrain repairs, depending on their specific area of expertise. Carter offers multiple shift opportunities (1st, 2nd and weekend), including some 3-day/week and 4-day/week options. For our shop openings, we seek candidates with previous hands-on technician experience in the area you are applying. Previous Caterpillar related heavy equipment experience, military diesel exposure, completion of a diesel school program or completion of a mechanical VoTech program in a related field, such as automotive, electrical, or HVAC are all great skill sets for careers in our industry.
Requirements for our Heavy Equipment Shop Technician positions include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, and a desire to learn.
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office products and able to learn/use service software. Able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to read and understand operating manuals.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Heavy Equipment Shop Technician jobs, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto, and under a variety of heavy equipment.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Multiple Shift options at many locations.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities