Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Demo and Inspection Coordinator. The Demo and Inspection Coordinator is responsible for setting up and demonstrating equipment for customers and marketing events in support of Sales Representatives. This includes developing and executing proper machine operation and displaying machine features and benefits. Additional duties include acquainting customers with on-board and off-board equipment technologies, performing demonstrations of machines to aid in impending sales, inspecting machines for trade or purchase, and appraising equipment to establish fair market value. We’re seeking candidates with a minimum of two years of heavy equipment technician or operation experience. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Requirements for the Demo and Inspection Coordinator position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to operate all CAT equipment sold by Carter Machinery.
- Must be able to conduct pre/post/periodic trip inspections to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Able to perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel or fluids and performing minor repairs.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to learn new applications and adapt to changing technology. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize workload, handling several tasks at once.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel and work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Demo and Inspection Coordinator job, including the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Will occasionally be required to maneuver items weighing in excess of 40 pounds. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), matched up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities