Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership family in North America with 11 locations and growing as well as CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
Essential Job and Responsibilities:
The successful General Manager will be responsible for managing the Service & Parts department store operations, staff, P&L, market penetration, and activities for one of our largest Thermo King dealerships located in Vernon, CA. The position reports to the Regional Director of the Sonsray Fleet Services division.
- General Manager will supervise and lead the parts & service manager in a positive teamwork environment, develop business opportunities, and increase market penetration with store P&L responsibilities.
- General Manager will have the task of enhancing the service & parts department customer support which is crucial for the company`s growth. They will have the responsibility to build and support a dynamic new machine sales department, increase market share, maintain business relationships, call on key accounts, and oversee special projects.
- General Manager is responsible to recruit and mentor employees that will cohesively execute the company goals and mission as entrepreneurial business leaders thru integrity, teamwork, customer responsiveness, and profitable decision-making.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. The General Manager will have to ensure that all company procedures are implemented and followed. Review customer receivables and ensure store employees adhere to company accounts receivable and collections policies.
- Monitors store metrics and pro-activity, and implements corrective action plans to assure achievement of all store departmental goals are met.
- Maintains positive and professional conduct of business with employees and other stores and manufacturers.
- Regularly be engaged away from the employer's place or places of business and will be driving to the existing customer’s and/or prospective client’s location.
- Comply with all road signs and operate vehicles within their limits and weather environment.
- Follow all Auto and Equipment Safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by the manager.
- Prior experience with dealership organization providing parts & service, sales customer support, and basic technical and mechanical understanding is necessary.
- Leasing, Transportation, Cold Chain distribution, or equivalent industry experience is necessary to be considered.
- Four-year college degree in Business/Management preferred.
- Computer literacy, MS Office Proficient, and familiarity with CRM systems.
- Must be a leader and motivator.
- Have great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be over 21 years of age, and possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License to drive for the company.
Compensation: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 DOE plus Incentive
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Birthday Perks
- Fitness Facility