Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Warehouse associate in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The Warehouse associate is responsible for accurately pulling parts, filling orders, packaging orders for shipment, receiving and stocking incoming shipments, and assembling hydraulic hoses for internal and external customers. Tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner. We’re seeking candidates with previous warehouse experience. Forklift, pallet jack experience and automated inventory system experience a plus.
Requirements for the Warehouse associate position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Capable of safely operating all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to use company software to perform warehouse functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Warehouse Associate job, including the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Will occasionally be required to maneuver items weighing in excess of 70 pounds. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities