Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an EPG Retail Territory Sales Representative in Elkridge, Maryland to cover our Northern Virginia and Washington DC territory. This job is responsible for selling Caterpillar Electric Power Generation products 600kw and below. This role manages all potential sales activity for assigned territory and account. The EPG Retail Territory Sales Rep. will travel through assigned territory to meet with customers and prospective customers to solicit EPG purchases. Duties include specification review, creating quotes, managing customer relationships, managing CRM data, and meeting or exceeding targets for units, revenue and gross profit. Seeking candidates with a minimum of three years’ experience selling 600kw or below electric power generation equipment, or 3 to 5 years’ experience as an EPG Project Manager, managing 600kw or below projects. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university preferred.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of working independently, developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- High mechanical aptitude required; able to maintain up to date knowledge of Caterpillar engine and generator lines.
- Must be able to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Able to develop and execute action plans.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Must be innovative and creative when handling challenging situations.
- Strong PC skills, with the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other personnel. Must be able to make presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Able to work shifts needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends, to meet customer demands.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.