We are currently offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this position, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Conventional Machinist in Princeton, West Virginia for weekend shift. The Machinist position is responsible for running conventional machines in a "job shop" environment. Will perform repairs to equipment and parts that are broken or damaged to allow economical salvage of these components. Will design, fabricate, machine, and assemble components when necessary. Operations include boring, facing, milling, tapping, burning, welding and cutting. Seeking candidates with strong backgrounds in salvage related machining and experience operating manual machines.
Requirements for the Machinist position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Understanding of press fit, knowledge of materials and ability to read blueprints and manuals to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces.
- High mechanical aptitude required; must be able to perform the machining and welding tasks on major components in work area including engine, hydraulic, transmission and frame.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Machinist job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities