Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Facilities Maintenance Technician in Baltimore, Maryland. The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing the highest level of service and maintenance to assigned facilities. This includes responding to customer concerns as rapidly as possible, investigating specific conditions and applying adjustments and repairs as needed. Seeking candidates with a minimum four years’ experience in a maintenance trade, with strong knowledge of electrical, air-conditioning, plumbing and structural repairs. Requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of electrical and HVAC work experience. High School diploma or GED required. Trade school graduate preferred.
Requirements for the Facilities Maintenance Technician position include:
- High mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs of HVAC equipment, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Able to install and repair electrical service for equipment and offices.
- Assist in office organizing, i.e., hanging pictures, bulletin boards, and carpentry.
- Perform landscape maintenance, i.e., pruning, weeding, general grounds keeping, snow removal and irrigation repairs.
- Organize and prioritize work orders.
- Oversee the performance of outside vendors working on Carter Machinery property.
- Must possess an excellent driving record, with valid driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Facilities Maintenance Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities