ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate Caterpillar equipment to Caterpillar standards.
- Participate in Head-To-Head competitive demonstrations resulting in winning the sale for the Company.
- Promote, schedule and deliver Caterpillar Operator Training programs at Company facilities and customer places of business. This includes presentation and field instruction.
- Assist Customers and Sales staff by providing Product Application expertise.
- Possess the trait of being able to concisely and patiently explain all machine functions and capabilities, and work with diverse individuals for the purpose of elevating their knowledge of the Caterpillar product and its safe and effective utilization.
- Instruct Company and Customer Personnel in the safe and efficient operation of Caterpillar equipment.
- Analyze Customer operators for the purpose of recommending training.
- Promote Caterpillar Operator Training and deliver same.
- Provide evaluation of Customer job sites and assist sales staff by providing fleet recommendations through the utilization of FPC, VSTPro and field studies.
- Assist Company sales and rental departments with respect to machine application.
- Travel in and out of territory to support training and demonstration initiatives as needed. Amount of travel is substantial.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including care and appearance of vehicle.
- Acquire and maintain professional credentials, including but not limited to Caterpillar Certified Instructor on all pertinent machine families.
- Possess thorough knowledge in the use of the CAT Performance Handbook including but not limited to all formulas and tables.
- Promote Caterpillar product at various trade shows.
- Assist the shop with troubleshooting operational issues.
- Be willing to work varied hours at customer facilities as needed
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Candidate must possess a high school diploma at minimum. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of verifiable experience as a heavy equipment operator at the Journeyman level on multiple machine families and in multiple applications. Candidate must be computer literate and must be comfortable with public speaking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.