Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Sales Engineer out of any Carter Machinery location. The Sales Engineer is responsible for working with the Outside Sales Team and Customers/Contractors to grow the electric power generation business, including generators, switchgear, and control systems. The individual in this role will interpret bid/project documents, work with Vendors, price up projects, construction layout services, train and support, as well as work with the Sales Team to expand the new customer base in the region to generate new and incremental business. Seeking candidates with 3+ years of sales and projects experience, preferably in Power Generation and/or Marine. Other similar industries will be considered. Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering Degree preferred.
Requirements for the Sales Engineer position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with the outside Sales Team.
- Experience dealing with multiple disciplines, such as contractors, consultants, engineers and end-users; work as a liaison with other members of the sales team and technical support to solve client problems.
- Must possess ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure activities.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and customers in a professional manner.
- Must have strong written, verbal and presenting skills.
- Must be able to develop/implement effective bid materials and sales/training presentations.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job.
- Must possess ability to communicate using a telephone and a computer.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Sales Engineer job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace