Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Power Systems Division (PSD) Supply Chain Manager. The PSD Supply Chain Manager is responsible for handling various aspects of the Power Systems Prime Product sales and operations planning process with the primary focus being capacity planning, procurement, and management of generator, enclosure, and component inventory for key pipeline accounts. The individual in this role leads Carter Machinery’s sales operations/management teams on all processes related to deliveries of new gensets and related equipment. Additionally, the PSD Supply Chain Manager works with key account managers in identifying new supplier partnerships, qualifying new suppliers, and ensuring the resiliency of the supply chain. Seeking candidates with previous experience in supply chain management, procurement, or project management. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
Requirements for the PSD Supply Chain Manager position include:
- Thorough knowledge of generator and related equipment.
- Knowledge of best practices in supply change management.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and implement supply chain strategies that support business objectives.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to positively interact with supervisor and to understand problems and concerns relating to parts.
- Must be able to be self-directed, organized and be able to interact with coworkers and train new coworkers.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the PSD Supply Chain Manager job, including the ability to sit and talk or hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Multiple shift options at many locations.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.