We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Rental Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Shop Technician in Dulles, Maryland. The Rental Technician is responsible for applying troubleshooting techniques to determine repair procedures, diagnosing basic repairs, and performing light mechanical repairs; inspecting returned equipment and attachments for repairs or maintenance; cleaning returned equipment; and assembling/repairing work tools in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous experience with heavy construction equipment and work tool repair.
Requirements for the Rental Shop Technician-Intermediate position include:
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; self-directed and organized.
- Must work well in a team environment and possess ability to interact positively with coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment correctly and safely.
- Must be able to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prepare required documentation, including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Must possess ability to follow company safety rules and policies.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position.
- Must be able to occasionally operate heavy machinery in a safe manner.
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Rental Shop Technician-Intermediate job, including the ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities