Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Project Operations Manager. The Project Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of sales projects and the Project Management team, including coordinating and managing workload of the Project Management team, start-ups and other related services to maximize project and team efficiency, leveraging data and metrics related to sales and forecasting of deliveries while promoting the highest level of customer satisfaction. Seeking candidates with a minimum of four years’ experience in project management operations or equivalent. Experience with "large project" management capabilities is also required.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, training and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage day-to-day operations of sales projects and the Project Management team. Coordinate and mange workload, start ups, and other related services.
- Oversee sales projects. Interact with clients, as required, and involved factories through entire project life cycle. Ensure customer and division satisfaction through effective project management skills.
- Review high-level deliverables across projects. Manage orders, including scheduling, tracking and shipment, invoicing coordination, closing, and being Project Managers primary contact for all project-related matters. Review orders from a technical and commercial standpoint during negotiation, when requested and at order entry.
- Oversee engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with company methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by set objectives and goals and customer satisfaction.
- Plan critical path and monitor and control project activities to maximize cash flow. Actively strive to optimize overall resource planning and utilization.
- Coordinate and negotiate with major vendors to improve pricing and delivery. Monitor overall impact of changes and claims and actively negotiate for the best interest of Carter as they arise.
- Provide full technical and commercial coordination with Project Managers/Engineering/Sales, customers and suppliers through appropriate sales channels.
- Design and aid in creation of effective reports (status/progress) and distribute to all senior managers with appropriate detail for desired understanding of project status.
- Forecast revenue, profitability and margins.
- Maintain work group's billing tasks for accuracy and timeliness.
- Design workflows and processes as necessary and mandated by project needs/enhancements and improvements.
- Complete special projects assigned by management in a timely manner.
- Work in coordination with team to achieve Continuous Improvement goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough knowledge of project management operations, including managing Project Management team, coordinating workloads and start ups.
- Must have functional understanding of the products represented including design features, proper applications, specifications, etc.
- Must have strong knowledge of BAS/BMS communication, protective relaying, breaker design and functionality, coordination and arc flash studies, Modbus/Ethernet communication, medium voltage generation, electrical harmonics, generator paralleling, paralleling with utility, diesel engine operating requirements/room design, fuel and cooling systems, emissions regulations and testing and applicable electrical and regulatory codes.
- Must be able to negotiate pricing and deliveries.
- Must be able to work with sales engineers on projects across the entire sales territory.
- Must have ability to provide training, assistance and direction to team members.
- Must possess ability to troubleshoot high-level technical issues
- Frequent travel is required – overnight or out town via car or airplane.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in project management operations or equivalent.
- Experience with "large project" management capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required
COGNITIVE/PHYSICAL/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The cognitive/physical/environmental characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals; writing routine reports and correspondence, speaking before groups of customers or employees of the organization; performing mathematical calculations, including computing ratios, rates, and percentages; applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.