Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Territory Manager in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The Territory Manager is responsible for the rental and sale of new machines, used machines; and sale of select allied equipment and other dealer services within their assigned territory and assigned list of customers. Previous outside sales experience preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
Requirements for the Territory Manager position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Must be able to develop and execute effective action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Must be able to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Must be capable of effectively negotiating and closing deals.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess ability to communicate using a telephone and a computer.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well organized and able to handle several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Frequent travel is required – overnight or out town via car or airplane.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Territory Manger job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid vacation.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match ranging from $0.75 to $1.25 for every dollar contributed, up to 6% of your total compensation and based on years of service.
- In-house training programs to help advance your skills and opportunities within the company.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities