Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an On Site Manager in Elkridge, Maryland. The On Site Manager is responsible for assisting customers during the installation of equipment, supplied by Carter Machinery, at customer sites. The On Site Manager works closely with Carter's Project Managers and those representing the customer. Duties include performing site inspections, submitting progress reports, interfacing with contractors, providing guidance to Carter technicians while on the site. Seeking candidates with the ability to thoroughly comprehend project specifications, submittals, vendor quality reports, defect counts, and field failures. Quality Control methodologies and procedures are preferred. Prior Quality Control inspection experience is preferred.
Requirements for the On Site Manager position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple start-up sites at one time.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required; able to read wiring and layout drawings.
- Able to understand and respond to questions related to project submittals and specifications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- A strong desire to promote a positive customer experience.
- Experience dealing with multiple disciplines, such as project managers, contractors, engineers and end users.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to travel and work hours required for job and customer demand.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
Physical requirements must be met for the On Site Manager job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities