We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Hydraulic Cylinder Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Hydraulic Cylinder Technician in Richmond, Virginia for weekend shift. This Hydraulic Cylinder Technician is an entry-level position and will be provided the training to be able to disassemble, inspect, repair/replace, reassemble and test hydraulic cylinders to meet factory specifications. This position requires a strong mechanical aptitude; Previous experience troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment failures preferred. Duties include applying troubleshooting skills and the ability to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
Requirements for the Hydraulic Cylinder Technician position include:
- Self-starter motivated to be successful in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn operation of specialized shop equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to promote a positive customer experience.
Physical requirements must be met for the Hydraulic Cylinder Technician job, including the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities