We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for EPG Training Instructor new hires, $2,500 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $2,500 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Training Instructor. This position can be based out of any Carter location, however, 50% travel to the Elkridge, Maryland location is required. The EPG Training Instructor is responsible for organizing, conducting and evaluating technical training courses and projects. Will develop training aids and maintain up-to-date training materials to support courses and projects. In this position, you may be called upon to assist in service related problems. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for this position. Seeking candidate with Caterpillar, or related equipment industry, service operations background preferred. Candidate must have minimum 2-years of electric power experience. Primarily will instruct fundamentals progressing to CEP programs.
Requirements for the Training Instructor position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude required; able to explain service procedures and technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills; able to develop course outlines and plan classroom exercises.
- Excellent presentation skills; able to train technicians in a manner that directly reflects class objectives.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Training Instructor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities