Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist shop mechanics with daily shop operations.
- This may include cleaning and inspecting parts for reuse.
- Assist mechanics with assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting of Construction Equipment.
- Grinding , cleaning, shot blasting.
- Work will be performed in a Construction Equipment shop environment
- Protective footwear and eyewear will be required.
As a Mechanic Intern you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:- Overall stamina- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching- Listening and speaking- Must have good motor coordination skills- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet- Verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold, injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or currently enrolled in a technical school.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.