Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Territory Sales Representative in Elkridge, Maryland. The EPG Territory Sales Representative is responsible for selling CAT Electric Power Generation products 700kw and above. The EPG Territory Sales Representative manages all potential sales activity for assigned territory and accounts. Seeking candidates with a minimum of five years’ experience selling 700kw or above Electric Power Generation (EPG) equipment, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an EPG Project Manager managing 700kw or above projects. A BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree from accredited university preferred.
Requirements for the EPG Territory Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of working independently, developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- High mechanical aptitude required; able to maintain up to date knowledge of Caterpillar engine and generator lines.
- Able to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be innovative and creative to handle challenging situations.
- Strong PC skills with the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Have strong communication skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to develop and execute effective action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Well organized, able to prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other personnel.
- Must be proficient with MS-Office applications and able to deliver presentations.
- Must have a current valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Frequent travel is required – overnight or out town via car or airplane.
- Must be able to work shifts needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be met for the EPG Territory Sales Representative job, including ability to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities