We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Field Service Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
SITECH Chesapeake, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carter Machinery Company, Inc., is hiring a Field Service Technician in Richmond, Virginia. SITECH is the authorized dealer for Trimble Heavy and Civil construction products and services, as well as Accugrade grade control products, with a territory that covers the pan handle of West Virginia, Virginia, the District of Columbia, and the shores of Delaware. The Field Service Technician position is responsible for installing and troubleshooting machine guidance systems on various types of earthmoving and paving equipment in the field and at customers' facilities. Duties include performing advanced electrical and computer repairs, installing system wiring harnesses and related sensors, configuring machine guidance on board software, performing systems updates and other software related tasks, and modifying/installing hydraulic valves and hoses. Will perform advanced troubleshooting and service repairs while serving as an escalation point for less experienced technicians. Will demonstrate installed systems for customers. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
Requirements for the Field Service Technician position include:
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to interact professionally with customers and all of levels of personnel within the organization.
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a self-directed and well organized with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet business and customer demands.
- Proficient use of technical software, databases and manuals.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Field Service Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 75 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
SITECH Chesapeake is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
SITECH Chesapeake is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.