Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Power Systems Rental Sales Representative. The Power Systems Rental Sales Representative position is responsible for generating income by renting equipment and services, including power generation, temperature control, air compressors, pumps, and also selling Used Equipment inventory from the Power Systems Division to all customers in an assigned territory. Duties include achieving rental sales and profit goals, travelling throughout territory to call on regular and prospective customers, counseling customers on specific equipment solutions, assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the rental agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with CMCo products. Seeking energetic candidates with experience in the rental and application of portable generators, load banks, HVAC, air compressors and pumps. A relevant college degree or equivalent industry experience desired. Minimum of two years' sales experience preferred.
Requirements for the Power Systems Rental Sales Representative position include:
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong math skills to read estimates and work with discounts, percentages and dollar figures.
- Must be able to develop and execute effective action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- High mechanical aptitude required; must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for suggestion appropriate products to customers.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required; capable of towing and operating equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must possess ability to communicate using a telephone and a computer.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Power Systems Rental Sales Representative job, including the ability to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.