What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations. Open Door Policy – Enjoy having a clear path of communication with an active owner and management team that prioritizes your needs and ideas. We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Generator Technician:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair components on 15 KW generator (Genset) units.
- Maintain transport refrigeration systems on Gensets, by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and onboard computers.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service Genset equipment.
- Able to maintain transport refrigeration units on Genset’s by reviewing shop orders, writing up estimates, and the details of the repairs needed or completed. In some cases, contact the customer directly to explain the job needed or completed.
- Repair failures; remove, replace, and test with a multimeter.
- Repair, assemble, and install parts and components on equipment.
- Perform other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Highly prefer 3+ years’ experience repairing all types of generator units.
- Must have general mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics.
- If you have generator experience and are a self-starter with good diagnosing and electrical skills, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Compensation: $29.72 - $49.07 per hour DOE
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Boot Allowance Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Birthday Perks