What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Service Writer:
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into E-Emphasys
- Maintains a job board and helps in the delegation of work to technicians
- Maintains customer confidence by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns
- Maintains unit records by recording problems and corrective actions planned
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications and taking online factory courses
- Enhances organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership
- Minimum 3 years of experience handling heavy phones, office administrative duties, customer relations, great computer skills, and problem-solving
- Refrigerated Transportation or Heavy Diesel dealership experience is highly desired
- Basic mechanical knowledge is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Able to accomplish monthly service goals and deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills are needed with a proven ability to handle customer updates, concerns, demands, and objections while always maintaining professional and good composure in the workplace
Compensation: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks
- Provided Uniforms
- Boot Allowance Program