We are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Hauler new hires. $1,250 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,250 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Heavy Equipment Hauler in District Heights, Maryland. The Heavy Equipment Hauler is responsible for the safe, efficient transportation of industrial/commercial parts and heavy construction equipment to customer locations and Carter Machinery branches. Must adhere to company safety regulations, as well as state and federal laws. Seeking candidate with excellent driving record and Class A CDL. Must have proven heavy-haul and tractor/lowboy driving experience. Capable of operating a 7 or 8 axle configuration truck.
Requirements for the Heavy Equipment Hauler position include:
- Thorough knowledge of DOT and Company safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent driving record.
- Capable of operating a 7 or 8 axle configuration truck.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle (tractor-trailer type) of a GVWR of 33,000 pounds and over.
- Must be able to conduct inspections of truck to ensure it is in good working order.
- Must be able to secure cargo for transport using chains and/or binders to conform with local, state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to positively interact with supervisors and customers.
- Must be self-directed, organized and be able to interact with coworkers and train new drivers.
- Must be able to work as an integral part of a team.
- Must be able to perform in situations requiring speed and deadlines.
- Must be able to operate, demonstrate and instruct proper equipment operation.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to perform basic truck maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to interact professionally with customers and all levels of personnel within organization. Must possess ability to understand and explain problems and concerns related to deliveries.
- Must be able to perform in situations requiring speed and tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Requires effective communication skills.
- Must possess ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to work additional hours as required by job and customer demand.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Heavy Equipment Hauler job, including the ability to qualify for a Department of Transportation medical card. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 80 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires frequent reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling climbing, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.