We are currently offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for Parts Counter Sales Associate new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Bilingual Parts Counter Sales Associate in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The Bilingual Parts Counter Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers in English and/or Spanish to identify and order parts, effectively marketing parts and service sales, responding to all customer parts inquiries, and properly processing parts orders. Seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 years previous experience ordering parts in a service-related industry required. Previous experience in the Heavy Equipment industry preferred.
Requirements for the Bilingual Parts Counter Sales Associate position include:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in English and Spanish.
- Technical aptitude.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Exceptional customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build solid relationships required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and practice effective sales techniques.
- Computer skills are required, including Microsoft products and other applications as needed; with ability to learn Caterpillar’s “Dealer Business System” (DBS) and related rental software programs.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet business and customer demands.
- Exhibit complete confidence in providing overflow support via phone / email for other stores, build strong rapport and trust through these methods of communication along, and provide the same exceptional parts expertise and responsiveness that would be provided for a request made within the local store.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Parts Counter Sales Associate job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 10 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.