Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Technical Sales Representative Apprentice in Dulles, Virginia. The Technical Sales Representative Apprentice performs assigned duties in pre-assigned locations and departments under direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to sales representative positions within the Company. Seeking candidates with High school diploma or equivalent. 2-years of post-secondary education or 2-years related work experience required. Sales or customer service experience preferred.
Requirements for the Technical Sales Representative Apprentice position include:
- Must be willing to relocate within the territory of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be able to function well in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Willingness to work out of town up to 75% of the time during training period and travel throughout Carter’s territory.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Technical Sales Representative Apprentice job, including the ability to sit and talk or hear. The abiltiy to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The abilty to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.