Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Product Support Sales Administrator & Quoter in Winchester, Virginia. The Product Support Sales Administrator & Quoter serves as a liaison between our Product Support Sales Execution team and Operations team and is responsible for compiling information, generating quotes, analyzing data, and recommending pricing options to Sales Representatives. Other responsibilities include proposing solutions for complex sales, completing/tracking required documents, responding to inquiries related to in-process and proposed parts and service sales revenues for an assigned geographic location. We’re seeking candidates with a minimum of two years’ service experience, preferably in a dealership environment. Experience with processing detailed paperwork and quotes for parts and service. Caterpillar construction equipment experience preferred. College degree a plus.
Requirements for the Product Support Sales Administrator & Quoter position include:
- Extensive knowledge of dealer operational and technical systems required to quickly and accurately create quotes based on the needs of the customer.
- Must have a high mechanical aptitude and an understanding of machine applications, operation, and functions.
- Able to define problems, collect data, maintain organization, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical data relating to machines.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with customers and internal personnel either verbally or in written form. Effective communication skills via email or telephone.
- Must be able to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to adapt to changing technology. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment with ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Requires the ability to promote a positive customer experience
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Product Support Sales Administrator & Quoter job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.