We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Heavy Equipment Shop Technicians in Warrenton, Virginia. The Heavy Equipment Shop Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing heavy equipment and components in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
Requirements for the Heavy Equipment Shop Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to occasionally operate heavy machinery.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Must be able to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Mechanic Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.