We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Express Lube Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Express Lube Technician in Felton, Delaware for weekend shift. The Express Lube Technician position is responsible for performing preventive maintenance services on heavy equipment on customer job sites and also in shop as needed. Tasks include basic service work, oil changes, checking fluid levels, replacing fuel filters, changing tires, etc. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related equipment industry experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program. Prefer minimum of 2 years' experience in a shop service environment.
Requirements for the Express Lube Technician position include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with ability to perform responsibilities at customer job site with minimal supervision.
- Possess an excellent driving record, valid Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain a CDL or DOT certification.
- Capable of operating boom truck or equivalent.
- Proper use of overhead and field service cranes.
- Must possess ability to operate a variety of equipment in the field and on customer job-sites.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Must be able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
- Comply with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Efficient use of supplies, with limited waste.
- Extensive travel required throughout the year.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Express Lube Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.