Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Truck Driver in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Truck Driver position is responsible for transporting and delivering products to Carter Machinery facilities and customer locations over established routes. Seeking candidates with minimum four years’ experience driving a tractor trailer. Valid CDL A licensure required; HAZMAT preferred. High school diploma or equivalent, preferred. Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Requirements for the Truck Driver position include:
- CDL A licensure with proven tractor/trailer driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of DOT and Company safety standards and regulations and ability to conduct pre/post/periodic trip inspections to ensure safety and equipment is in good working order.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to load, unload, and secure cargo for transport.
- Must be able to meet delivery deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime additional hours as needed to meet customer demand.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Truck Driver job, including the ability to qualify for a Department of Transportation medical card. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires frequent reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling climbing, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace