We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced Machine Rebuild Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Machine Rebuild Technician in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters for all shifts. The Machine Rebuild Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing heavy equipment and components in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program. Minimum of three years relevant heavy equipment experience is required to be eligible for the $5,000 sign-on bonus. Candidates with less than 3 years heavy equipment experience are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. Bonuses are made in 2 equal installments at 90 days and 180 days of employment.
Requirements for the Machine Rebuild Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to read and understand operating manuals.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Machine Rebuild Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.