We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Heavy Equipment Shop Technician in Princeton, West Virginia for weekend shift. The Heavy Equipment Shop Technician position is responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing, and performing complex repairs to both Caterpillar and allied equipment. Seeking candidates with previous experience with heavy construction equipment and work tool repair. Must have experience performing complex mechanical, electrical, and computer repairs. Two years’ experience as a Mechanic Technician B, preferred
Requirements for the Heavy Equipment Shop Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to occasionally operate heavy machinery
- Strong mechanical aptitude and expert level troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Must be willing to work shifts as needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet customer needs.
- Must be self-directed, organized and be able to lead and mentor other technicians.
- Must be able to positively interact with supervisor and to understand problems and concerns relating to a repair.
- Must be able to perform job in sometimes stressful situations due to circumstances.
- Must be able to perform in situations requiring speed and deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Mechanic Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.