What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Trailer Mechanic:
- Motivated self-starter with experience in all phases of trailer repair to be considered
- Able to perform trailer Preventative Maintenance, BIT, and DOT Inspections
- Lighting and Electrical System maintenance, certified is a plus
- Diagnose Isolate and repair electric or lighting systems such as shorts and open circuits
- Must be able to perform Air Brake Inspections and Repairs: Air Brake Overhauls, measure brake lining thickness, Drums, and S Cams, adjust brakes, replace S Cams and bushings, slack adjusters, and replace relay values, air tanks. Brake Mechanics Certificate a plus
- Rail and lift-gate experience required, certified is a plus: make adjustments to the hydraulic gate platform and its controls
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems, replace rail cables and/or cylinders, and replace motors, pumps, and relays
- Must be able to weld and replace suspension components and landing legs. Welding certified is a plus
- Experience in Collision Repair, Dry and Refrigerated Van, Structure, Roll & Swing Doors, Interiors, Exteriors, Ceilings, and Roof repairs is a plus
- Must be able to walk, use hands, fingers, bend, carry, push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand 100% of the shift
- Regularly be engaged away from the employer's place or places of business and will be driving to the existing customer’s and/or prospective client’s location
- Must be over 21 years of age, possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid Driver's License to drive for the company
Compensation: $18.68 - $33.23 per hour DOE
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
Voluntary LTD & Aflac
Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
Boot Allowance Program