What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Reefer Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair components on the truck, trailer, and V-series refrigeration units.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair components on gensets and APU’s.
- Maintain transport refrigeration systems on trucks, trailers, APU, V-series, Gensets, and Bus by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and onboard computers.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service the refrigeration equipment.
- Able to maintain transport refrigeration units on trucks, trailers, APU’s and Genset’s by reviewing shop orders, writing up estimates, and the details of the repairs needed or completed. Contact the customer directly to explain the job needed or completed.
- Repair failures; remove, replace, and test with a multimeter.
- Repair freon leaks, assemble, and install parts and components involving soldering, and use refrigeration equipment.
- Will be required to Install various Thermo king new units on trailers, trucks, V-series, APUs (Willing to train)
- Highly prefer 3+ years’ experience repairing Thermo King or Carrier refrigeration units
- Must have mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics.
Compensation: $22.71 - $37.96 per hour DOE
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks
- Provided Uniforms
- Boot Allowance Program