Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Yard Attendant in Williamsburg, Virginia. The Yard Attendant is responsible for loading, unloading, receiving/releasing rental equipment and attachments, demonstrating the operation of rental equipment; maintaining the rental yard for easy access; directing the delivery of new equipment, returns. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the grounds of the Rental facility. Seeking candidates with previous experience towing trailers. Previous experience operating construction equipment and forklift. High school diploma or GED.
Requirements for the Yard Attendant position include:
- Must have the ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-directed, organized and be able to interact with coworkers and train new yard attendants.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize tasks with competing demands.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to work additional hours to meet business and customer needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Yard Attendant job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 50 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.