Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Used Equipment Manager in Richmond, Virginia. The Used Equipment Manager is responsible for overseeing all used equipment inventory and trade-in values to assist with the sale of new equipment. Responsible for profitability objectives for the Used Equipment department. Seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Business Management major preferred. A minimum of ten years Used Equipment experience with prior Used Equipment Manager or Assistant Used Equipment Management experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience required.
Requirements for the Used Equipment Manager position include:
- Knowledge of Caterpillar equipment.
- Must be able to manage a large-scale operation in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively manage employees.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel and work hours required by job and customer demand.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other company personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Promote a positive employee experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be met for the Used Equipment Manager job, including regularly being required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.