Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Mobile Hose Assembly Technician. The Mobile Hose Assembly Technician travels to customer work locations, inspects machine hydraulic systems, determines hydraulic hose needs, builds hydraulic hose assemblies, and removes/installs them on-site. Additionally, the individual in this position prospects for new business. Seeking candidates with previous experience with and basic knowledge of hydraulics beneficial. Experience with hand tools. Experience with hydraulic manufacturing machines beneficial. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Requirements for the Mobile Hose Assembly Technician position include:
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic hoses and applicable tooling.
- Self-motivated, thoughtful individual with a high energy level who can work alone or with others in a field environment.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and related equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and practices.
- Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
- Must be able to understand and practice effective sales techniques.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must possess an excellent driving record. Must have the ability to obtain a CDL and become DOT certified with DOT Medical Card.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer software and related hardware.
- Must be able to multi-task and have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Mobile Hose Assembly Technicain job, including the abiltiy to sit and talk or hear. Frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. As needed will be required to assemble Hydraulic Hoses as well as well as general parts warehousing functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply. Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.