Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Assistant in Manassas, Virginia. The Assistant is responsible for performing various general administrative duties related to service and parts functions for the EPG service area. Seeking candidates with previous experience in an administrative or clerical position. High school diploma or equivalent.
Requirements for the Service Assistant position include:
- Strong administrative and computer skills/proficiency.
- Must be highly motivated and able to process a high volume of paperwork in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented and able to follow a clear process daily.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills are required.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required for frequent, accurate, and efficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Assistant job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 10 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.