What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Sr. Accountant:
The Senior Accountant will be based out of our corporate office located in Torrance, CA reporting to the Controller.
The Senior Accountant is a hands-on position and will assist the Controller, focusing on reviewing daily equipment lease and rental transactions and monthly general ledger reconciliation. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for assisting the controller in overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations and will include, but not be limited to, processing full cycle and high-volume entries and account reconciliation for multiple locations including the following:
- Reconcile and process equipment lease and rental transactions.
- Assist the controller in the month-end closing process and journal entries.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliation and supporting schedules.
- Reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit card statements.
- Conduct research and compile data as needed.
- Ensure managers are well-informed regarding activities, pending issues, and potential problems.
- Complete ad hoc tasks as needed (audit support, assist with annual reporting, etc.)
- Process Business License Renewals for locations as needed.
- Prepare and authorize DOT permits, property tax payments, environmental permits, NV Commerce tax, Oregon CAT fees, deferral excise tax, and IFTA/DMV renewal for Nevada.
- Performs other functions or duties delegated by the CFO/Controller in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- 10+ years of professional experience processing full-cycle accounting including GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field of study is required to be considered.
- High volume, multiple locations, and experience in reconciling inventory variances are necessary to be considered.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications or Google Workspace, Advanced Excel, and ERP (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, or equivalent) systems.
- Ability to work with large data and have strong data analysis experience.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various accounting software in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and exceptional customer service skills required.
- Exhibit professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Experience working for a minimum $100M revenue company-size.
- Construction industry and Dealership environment is desired but not required.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Flexibility to work OT daily and weekends when necessary.
- $95,000.00 - $100,000 a year (DOE)
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks
- Onsite Fitness Facility Available