Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Warehouse Associate in Dulles, Virginia. Starting pay is $24.00 per hour. The Warehouse associate is responsible for accurately pulling parts, filling orders, packaging orders for shipment, receiving and stocking incoming shipments, and assembling hydraulic hoses for internal and external customers. Tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner. Seeking candidates with minimum of three year’s warehouse experience. Forklift, pallet jack experience, preferred. High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
Requirements for the Warehouse associate position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; must be able to learn and apply knowledge of parts, components and equipment.
- Capable of safely operating all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, and other similar material handling equipment.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to use company software to perform warehouse functions.
- Must be able to work additional hours to meet business and customer demands.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record preferred.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Warehouse Associate job, including the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. Will occasionally be required to maneuver items weighing in excess of 70 pounds. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.