SITECH is a global distribution network for Trimble solutions, the most reliable and rugged construction technology systems available to the heavy civil construction contractor. Our dealership, SITECH Allegheny, provides local customer service and sales, covering Pennsylvania, Northern West Virginia & Western Maryland.
The Sales Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for actively managing all aspects of sales within the SITECH Technology Dealership. Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the sale of earthmoving equipment and/or technology and excellent communication and management skills, in the construction industry. This individual will actively manage the sales force to achieve their sales targets, seek new markets and expand sales within the Trade Area. The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the SITECH Technology Dealer's sales and support teams to work toward achieving 100% customer satisfaction. Duties include the management of the sales force to set and achieve their sales targets, seek new markets and expand sales within the Trade Area.
- Accountable for the overall sales performance of the dealership including the achievement of revenue, profit and sales related expense budgets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Accountable for rental and inventory management
- Oversees rental coordination and fulfillment
- Assists with purchasing and stock inventory level maintenance
- Establishes appropriate short and long-term strategies to compete effectively in the current and future market.
- Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently works to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly
- Directs and guides employees towards achievement of company objectives and goals.
- Regularly identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the market, specifically with competitors.
- Recruits, selects and develops sales team members.
- Develops and motivates high performers; improves or removes low performers.
- Maintains close relationship and clear communication with manufacturer sales managers
- Delivers regular and accurate forecasts to the General Manager and major suppliers
- Coordination and planning of budgets, people and time management.
- Dedicated to improving results.
Characteristics / Skills
- Strong Sales aptitude - has successfully sold products and services
- Experienced in all aspects of the sales process including: Determination of Market Potential
- Calculation of Market Share
- Calculating Deal Closure Rate
- Establishing Sales Plans and Quotas by Territory and Product Line
- Sales Planning
- Rental Management
- Inventory Management
- Lead Tracking
- Consultative Sales Process
- Key Account Management
- Customer Retention
- Sales Employee Coaching and Training
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Willingness to take disciplined risks
- Able to set priorities appropriate for short and long-term objectives
- Possesses integrity and good character
- Keeps up to date with market trends and new developments utilizing information for business improvement
- Ability to make strategic decisions
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in business-related field or in an industry domain (e.g. agriculture, GIS, construction).
- Extensive knowledge of SITECH products, typically gained through experience with a dealership or a SITECH equipment manufacturer is highly desirable
- MBA is desirable, but not required.
- Experience in a sales marketing position is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales management position
Key Organizational Interfaces
- Works with management teams across divisions to drive engagement
- Works with key decision makers and end users of services.
- Works with internal SITECH staff including Sales and Service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.