Summary: The ISR is responsible for establishing and maintaining a business relationship with customers and prospects within his or her assigned territory and to qualify, propose and close product support solutions. The ISR will be the primary point-of-contact for the customer, and a conduit for any and all information relevant to dealer parts, maintenance supplies and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Continue to develop expertise in machine parts, maintenance supplies and service through training, research and perpetual learning.
- Expand contacts within the dealership as a resource for customers.
- Recommend dealer and Cat solutions to improve cost-per-hour and demonstrate value.
- Manage an account base primarily using the telephone to deploy a disciplined call campaign, qualify accounts, update the customer's contact information, develop the relationship, and uncover opportunities for Cat/dealer solutions.
- Complete 120 successful customer calls per week.
- Maximize parts and service sales by promoting all aspects of the dealer's offerings.
- Establish a personal working relationship with customers based on value, knowledge, trust and character.
- Monitor and report all pertinent market information relative to competitive activity, customer information and product performance.
- Achieve the planned annual rate of call (PAR) for each customer.
- Provide leads for new equipment sales to the appropriate dealer contact.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must have good technical skills, people skills, and problem-solving capabilities, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: College or technical degree, or equivalent experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, engineering drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Technical language skills required, along with the ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence, and to speak effectively over the phone.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as averages, percentages, geometry, and statistics.
Mechanical Ability: Ability to understand the basic dynamics of equipment operation and design, and product applications.
Computer Skills: Demonstrate proficiency in the software applications of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; dealer customer relationship management system (CRM); dealer business system; dealer email system.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Physical Ability: Must be able to occasionally drive to customer work sites and lift up to 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.