Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Coordinator in Suffolk, Virginia. The Rental Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and processing rental agreements for customer rentals of Caterpillar and allied equipment, and performing tasks in support of the Rental team. The Rental Coordinator role is critical to day-to-day execution of the rental business in order to reach acceptable sales and profit levels. As a Rental Coordinator, you’ll coordinate all customer walk-in and telephone equipment rental inquiries, quotes, reservations, rental agreements and credit card payments. The Rental Coordinator assists customers with appropriate equipment applications, suggests complementary products customers may want to consider renting or buying, and verifies customers’ insurance coverage. Seeking hard-working, career-minded candidates with demonstrated results in a customer service role. Experience in the equipment rental industry and knowledge of equipment applications, preferred. College degree a plus.
Requirements for the Rental Coordinator position include:
- Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Exceptional customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build solid relationships required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Technical aptitude is a must.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Understand and practice effective sales techniques.
- Must possess ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Computer skills are required, including Microsoft products and other applications as needed; able to learn Caterpillar’s “Dealer Business System” (DBS) and related rental software programs.
- Must be able to work additional hours to meet customer and business demands.
- Must be able to multitask, have good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with competing demands.
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Rental Coordinator job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.