We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced EPG Rental Field Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Rental Field Technician in Manassas, Virginia. The EPG Rental Field Technician is responsible for servicing, diagnosing and repairing EPG rental equipment for power, temperature control, air, pumps and used equipment at a Carter or customer facility. This position maintains all equipment by carrying out preventative maintenance and any required product improvement plans. Will apply advanced mechanical and basic electrical troubleshooting techniques and determine proper repair procedures on assigned work. Seeking candidates with previous experience with UPS and parallels, diagnosing and troubleshooting engine failures and performing mechanical repairs to electrical generator systems and related equipment. Advanced troubleshooting skills required. Minimum of three years relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics field experience required to be eligible for the $5,000 sign-on bonus. Candidates with less than 3 years Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics field experience are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. Bonuses are made in 2 equal installments at 90 days and 180 days of employment.
Requirements for the EPG Rental Field Technician include:
- Self-starter able to work independently in the field as needed to support all Power Systems rental equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Gensets, air compressors, fuel tanks and pumps.
- Able to perform product improvement plans on Gensets, air compressors, fuel tanks and pumps.
- Ability to disassemble, inspect, requisition parts and reassemble equipment to factory specifications.
- Must be able to interpret and utilize information from operating, maintenance and service manuals/bulletins.
- Site work is required to include offloading, set up, connecting to customer’s facility, operating equipment, tear down at the end of the rental and reloading, for all equipment, excluding UPS’s re-strapping generators.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the EPG Rental Field Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.