Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Service Advisor in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The Service Advisor position is responsible for communicating with internal and external customers to gather information regarding equipment issues and providing repair status updates while repairs are in progress. Other duties include opening and closing work orders in an efficient and timely manner, using thorough details on customer requests/complaints to ensure technician understanding and customer satisfaction, serving as a first point of contact with customers via telephone or walk-ins, and calculating/providing repair estimates. Seeking candidates with at least 2 years’ service-related experience. Heavy equipment exposure a plus. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Requirements for the Service Advisor position include:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task.
- Must have an attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the function and repair of heavy construction equipment preferred.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Service Advisor job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.