Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Business Data Analyst. The Business Data Analyst job is responsible for analyzing business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Additional responsibilities include identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences, creating specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. The Business Data Analyst may participate in cross functional teams to address business issues. Seeking candidates with three years of practical experience delivering production deployed solutions. Previous project management portfolio experience. Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, business, mathematics, economics, statistics, or engineering preferred.
Requirements for the Business Data Analyst position include:
- Thorough understanding of analytical methods and business acumen to guide cross functional teams.
- Must understand segment strategy, and dollarize enterprise benefits.
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages.
- Technical expert level Tableau Desktop , Server, and Power BI Developer and Pro Skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Management studio, R, SQL, DevOps, Excel, Alteryx, Snowflake, Power Apps & Flow.
- Self-starter and driven while working well in team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail in order to spot inaccuracies in coding or data.
- Must possess ability to train and educate others.
- Effective communication skills in relating complicated subject matter.
- Manage timely flow, meeting requested deadlines of results to users.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with various business partners to provide a holistic view of the analysis.
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven background of prioritizing projects/requirements with a link to business impact.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Business Data Analyst job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities