Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Billing Administrator in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Billing Administrator is responsible for performing machine billing for the Power Systems Division, calculating commissions and analyzing profit. This position will also perform general accounting duties and understand key company cycles including revenue and inventory and help maintain the integrity of company financial reporting. Previous work experience in a billing or accounting department and a college degree are preferred.
Requirements for the Billing Administrator position include:
- Self-starter able to work independently, handle large volumes of work and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, and able to master other company authorized computer systems as required.
- Strong customer satisfaction skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must ensure procedures are followed to secure a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work hours necessary to meet job demand.
- Ability to handle sometimes stressful situations.
- Promote a positive customer experience
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements for the Billing Administrator must be met, including the ability to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities